ENTES EMG/GEM Modbus Gateway range is a Modbus TCP/Modbus RTU protocol converter that
uses the TCP/IP protocol to ensure remote control of your devices, which communicate through
RS485 with the Modbus protocol, through the existing internet/internet infrastructure.
General Specifications of EMG/GEM Series Devices:
• Cinterion MC55i Quad-band GPRS modem (GEM series only).
• 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port (EMG&GEM).
• RS232 (EMG&GEM), RS485 port (1200…115200 bps).
• Mini USB port for configuration.
• Operation with SIM cards that have a static or dynamic IP (GEM series only).
• Ability to use the Ethernet port to set device parameters through WEB. (EMG&GEM).
• Ability to work as a server or client.
• Ability to work in Modbus TCP or Transparent mode.
• Ability to read predefined counter data (GEM-10SH only).
• GSM port (GEM series only).
EMG&GEM devices are configured as default. There is no need to configure said products. Follow
the steps below in order for the installation of your devices.
1) Establish the ModBus connection of the device.
2) Insert SIM card (MY GEM-02 only).
3) Supply power to the device.
Network Protocols TCP/IP, ARP, ICMP, HTTP*, ModbusTCP
Serial Ports RS232 (EMG&GEM), RS485 port (1200…115200 bps) USB port
Operating Modes Modbus TCP/RTU, Transparent and Meter Reading (GEM-10SH)
Network Interface 10/100 Mbps auto-negotiation
Serial Communication Formats Data bits: 5-6-7-8
Stop Bit: 1-1.5-2 character
Serial Interface 1200-115200 bps
Supply 12-20V DC
Insulation and protection RS485 port: 500V
Ethernet port: 1500V (not available on GEM-05) 15KV ESD
protection on the USB port
10/1000 us (600W) transient pulse protection on the RS485 port