Skip to navigation
Skip to content
Control Valves, FISHER
Fisher™ 8580 High Performance Butterfly Valve
The Fisher 8580 high performance Butterfly valve provides the capability for enhanced shutoff and features an eccentrically-mounted disk with either a soft or metal seal.
Experience excellent throttling and on/off performance with this control valve.
- SIL capable, PED, CRN, Fugitive Emission, NACE, ATEX, CUTR
- Critical Service
- General Service
- Flow Characteristics
- Carbon Steel, Stainless, Alloy
- Operating Temperature
- Standard Temperature, High Temperature
- Power Source
- Electric, Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Lever, Gear, Electro-Hydraulic
- Pressure Class
- PN, ASME
- Process Connection Type
- Flanged, Single Flanged, Double Flanged, Lugged, Wafer
- Seat / Seal Type
- Metal, Soft
- Shutoff Class
- MSS SP-61, Class IV (FCI 70-2), Class VI (FCI 70-2)
- Live Loaded, Adjustable Packing
- Valve Size
- NPS 2, NPS 3, NPS 4, NPS 6, NPS 8, NPS 10, NPS 12
- Valve Size Standard
- NPS, DN
- Other Configurations
- Contact your local Emerson business partner or sales office to learn about additional specifications or options for this product.
- The actuator/valve assembly action can be converted from push-down-to-open to push-down-to-close, or vice versa, without additional parts.
- Both the metal and soft seal rings have pressure-assisting sealing action that ensures tight shutoff regardless of pressure drop.
- Standard valve construction includes conductive packing to provide electrical bonding for hazardous area applications.
- The valve will operate at elevated temperatures, with the appropriate trim components.
- Additional travel indication can be achieved by using the indication line on the shaft, along with the disk position markings on the packing follower.
- Redundant shaft retention provides added protection. The packing follower, anti-blowout ring, and shaft groove interact to hold the shaft securely in the valve body.